Good Morning and happy Monday - here are my Monday Quickies:
- My son may only be 4, but he can already sarcastic at an 8th grade level.
- More people have been married to Kim Kardasian than have died from Ebola in the U.S. Just Sayin'.
- I was blessed to be on an ordination council Saturday that included Southern Baptist, American Baptist, Cooperative Baptist, CME, AME, and Pentacostal ministers - and those are just the denominations we claim as of Saturday! It was a special time, and my prayer is that will help the two men in their lives as ministers.
- Jennifer turned her back for 1 minute this morning, and Amelia used that time to draw all over my dresser with a dry erase marker. "I need you to hear me. You are not safe. No matter if you think you’re safe, you think you know everything about what’s going on around you, you’re not safe. No matter how many people are around you're not safe. It only takes one second."
- Labels lie. That was my sermon yesterday, and its oh-so-true. "Too old. Too young. Too fat. Too inexperienced. Too far gone." These are all lies. The only label you should wear is the one that says "beloved."
- Some costume ideas I had, riffing off an idea Jennifer told me this morning about Quincy Taylor Swift:
- George Jefferson Davis (talk about a guy that would hate himself from both sides!)
- Benjamin Franklin Graham - I don't think the son of Billy would approve of this founding father's lifestyle!
- Benedict Arnold Jackson - Whatchu talkin' 'bout George Washington! I'm going to the other side!
- Harry Truman Capote - Give 'em Hell Harry! Or at least Breakfast at Tiffany's.
- William Tecumseh Sherman Hemsley - ok, so George Jefferson ends up on the list twice.
Feel free to add more to this list!
Have a great Monday and a great week!